Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Quotes That I Can Now Relate To

"She's wearing a pale pink T-shirt, Alice notes- a color Taylor used to make a point of hating. She always had to wear out-spoken things, red, purple, orange, sometimes all at once. Alice realizes something important about her daughter at this moment: that she's genuinely a mother. She has changed in this way that motherhood changes you, so that you forget you ever had time for small things like despising the color pink."
- Pigs in Heaven, Barbara Kingsolver

"...I'm sorry. I just got overwhelmed. No one tells you how hard this is all gonna be [...] It's the hardest job in the world and nobody prepares you for that. Nobody tells you how much you have to give up [...] I've given up so much of what made me who I am. But I can't say that because I'm a very bad person if I say that. But I feel it. I really do. I feel it sometimes. I just- I just want you to know that.
- Marley and Me

No comments:

Post a Comment