Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Toy Story! Toy Story! (I am so one of those Moms)

Because of Jack, we are constantly buying Disney Movies, so I signed us up for the Disney Rewards program (I totally became one of those moms who searches the internet for ways to get more points and for codes from other moms). Anyway, they were offering a special for rewards members that if you owned the Toy Story and/or Toy Story 2 VHS' or DVDs, you could enter in their UPC codes online and receive a $10 off coupon for each of the new blu-rays. Seeing as I have both, I totally jumped on it. Furthermore, Target was having a sale that if you bought both of them, they gave you $10 off. So I essentially got both for the price of one. Furthermore, when I entered my Disney rewards codes for buying the blu-rays, I got two free movie tickets to see Toy Story 3!

I'm really considering having that be the first movie we take Jack to. I know that he'll only be around 20 months old at the time and that seems sort of young, but Jack loves movies. I did some snooping online about when most mothers thought it was appropriate to bring your kid to their first movie and a lot of mothers said it really depends on the kid. Some said their kids wouldn't sit through a movie til they were 4. Others said they brought theirs as young as 18 months. And Jack definitely has the attention span to sit through entire movies. He does it all of the time. Additionally, I think it's a good choice for a movie.  He is familiar with the characters (in addition to the movies, he has a Toy Story couch and Toy Story table and chairs) and we'd be seeing the movie for free, so worse case scenerio he won't sit still and we have to leave. I think it's worth a shot anyway.

So anyway, back to my Disney Rewards story. In addition to the two movie tickets, I also got the standard points that you get every time you buy a Disney product, leaving me with a total of 1,500 points.
So that means I got to redeem them for the best free gift ever...
the Disneyland and Disneyworld Sing-A-Long DVDs!

I know most of you reading this are going, "Great.... what's that?" But my mother and sister know how amazing this is. Jillian and I grew up watching these on VHS and we adored them. I am excited to continue the tradition with Jack.

Jack is currently very intently watching the Toy Story 2 blu-ray on his Toy Story couch. The quality is AMAZING.

This morning Jack put on daddy's shoes. He was apparently very proud of this accomplishment. And look! He's wearing his Toy Story pj's! Man! What a Toy Story Day!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED the Disney SIng a long VHS tapes too! =) PS, all of these pics of Jack are so so adorable!

    ReplyDelete