Wednesday, June 23, 2010

No Pictures? Oh My :(

I am extremely frustrated with our lack of internet. Tethering the Droid worked wonderfully at first but now I'm lucky if I can connect at all, let alone at speeds fast enough to allow me to upload all of the great pictures I have taken. So, I must settle for writing a picture-less update from work.

So where to start? I have lots of little stories to share so I guess this is going to be pretty random.

The other night we had a pretty bad thunderstorm. I woke up several times because every window in the apartment was rattling. I remember being shocked that it didn't wake up Jack up. Well, apparently it did. In the morning I noticed that Jack's door was open (apparently Josh left it open for some reason). I peeked in on him and much to my surprise, he wasn't in bed! I ran out to the living room and there he was, curled up on the couch snuggling Mr. Pickles. I have no idea at what point he got up and wandered into the living room. He couldn't have been scared because he never made a noise and strangely didn't come into our room. Needless to say, we will be double checking that his bedroom door is closed from now on.

Jack is finally starting to understand the concept of "indoor voices."  Yesterday we were eating at Subway and he was very excited and kept squealing with delight. I kept saying "Shhh. Indoor voices" and he'd smile and start "whisper squealing." I don't know how else to describe it. Additionally, last night we went to the carport to look at the birdies and he being really loud. I put my finger to my mouth and said "shhh. You'll scare the birdies." So then he kept putting his finger to his mouth and saying "Shhh. Shhh." When I told Josh this, he said that he did the same thing the other day when Josh dropped him off at Stephanie's and Cara was still sleeping. It's beyond adorable.

Jack's vocabulary is starting to grow and his words becoming clearer. He says "Jack Jack" when pointing to himself. Well, sometimes he says "Jack Jack" while pointing to himself. Often times he'll point to himself and say "Mama" or "Dada" and then smile really big like he knows that isn't true. He also says "Bubbles" whenever he wants to go outside. And "ball" anytime he sees something round. Yesterday I was drawing shapes for him with sidewalk chalk and he kept trying to say "Star." And Jillian will be pleased to know that he hasn't forgotten "JaJa."

Jack seems to have become rather possessive of me. He gets very jealous of Josh when he has physical contact with me. Whenever we hug, he starts whining and if we pick him up to join in on the hug, he pushes Josh away. He also tries to wedge himself between me and Josh if Josh is scratching my back or giving me a back rub. I wonder if this is typical behavior for toddlers. Whenever Jack gets upset over it we tell him that it's ok, mommy and daddy love each other, so I'm guessing he'll grow out of it soon.

Well, this has been a lot of text and without the adorable pictures of Jack to break it up, seems excessive. Hopefully soon I'll be able to create a post of a bunch of pictures.

2 comments:

  1. Ian is the same with with being possessive and jealous. Whenever Chris and I hug he tries to push us apart.

    If you would like to stop by and borrow our internet in the evening you are more than welcome to. Just let me know when is a good time, or give me a call. I will email you my number.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you using pdanet? I use it fairly regularly and have better luck uploading pictures when I just do one at a time. It's slow and annoying, but if you're just uploading them to the blog it's not too terrible.

    ReplyDelete