Monday, May 17, 2010

Jack's First Vacation

I'm back! The person we were "borrowing" internet from moved out. Therefore for the past week we've been without the internet and I've been going crazy. Josh has managed to give me access on my computer via his Droid so we'll see how this works out.

This past weekend Jack went on his first vacation! We went to Chicago to meet up with my sister and her boyfriend, as well as some other friends. We had a blast and Jack was a really good boy the entire time.

Jack loved the Children's Museum. Josh and I felt bad making him leave. I'm sure he could have spent all day there. It's definitely some place that we'll go back to. They do a really great job of catering to toddlers.


He even got to be a Paleontologist!


They had a full fossil skeleton of dinosaur that I had never heard of. I asked Jack if it was a T-Rex and he adamantly said "No!" He's such a smart paleontologist!

We also went to the Museum of Science and Industry. Jack's favorite exhibit the tesla coil (a lighting machine). I thought he'd be scared of it because it was so loud but he cheered every time it went off and  would sign and say "More!" He was also very interested in the periodic table of elements. I think he may have recognized it from the They Might Be Giants video "Meet the Elements."


In addition to the museums, we also went to the Shedd Aquarium and the Lincoln Park Zoo (yes it was a very packed weekend). It was so awesome for Jack to see all of these animals that he's been learning about in real life. He'd roar at the lions and leopards, say "ah! ah!" while tickling his armpits at the monkeys, and bark at the wolves.

Everywhere we went people would come up to Jack to say "hi" and tell us how adorable he was. I mean, look at this little guy. He's impossible to resist :)


For the car ride there and back, we bought Jack a mini dvd player. This was one of the best purchases we have ever made. We didn't hear one whiny peep out of him the entire trip. Granted we had to watch Toy Story 1 and 2 over and over again, but hey. It kept him quiet and happy.

And to end this post, here is an awesome photo(s) I took of the Chicago skyline and photo-shopped together.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a very fun filled vacation with Jack. I love Chicago, and I can't wait to have a chance to take Ian for the first time. He is going to love Shedd!
    Oh and the portable DVD player was a great move. Ian behaves so much better in the car when he can watch Phineas and Ferb.

    ReplyDelete