Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

 My mother and me.
When this picture was taken, my mother was just about the same age as I am now and I was just about the same age as Jack.
My mother and I have always been alike. Even at an early age I could see this. I am the spitting image both looks wise and personality wise of her. But while other young women grumble, "Oh my God, I'm turning into my mother," I've always embraced and loved the fact that we are so similar. My mother is a remarkable woman and throughout my entire life I've looked up to her in many ways. I'd never quite know the influence she'd have on me, however, until I became a mother myself. When dealing with Jack, I find myself thinking all of the time, "How would my mother have handled this situation?" I have such a deep admiration for how she raised us, and how she still is today with children. She was and always will be "natural" mom. Sometimes I feel like motherhood doesn't always come as naturally to me. But whenever I have those moments and I don't know what to do and I feel like a terrible mother, it's comforting to know that I have the wisdom of my own mother to rely on.
Happy Mother's Day, Mom. I love you.


Oh and here's a picture of my Mother's Day present. Josh says I shouldn't get used to this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment