Friday, March 26, 2010

Jack's Intellegence always takes me by Suprise

Jack has a book with pictures of different types of vehicles. When we were looking at it today he kept wanting to look at the page with the school bus and then he'd start waving. It took me a couple of minutes to try to figure out what he was doing until it dawned on me; every day Jack goes with Stephanie to meet Hanny at the bus stop. Stephanie has told me more than once that Jack absolutely loves waiting for her and waving to all of the kids as they get off of it. So that's what Jack was doing now... waving to the school bus!

Right after this incident, we were playing patty cake. He then started to pat his hands on his lap so I joined in. I started saying "Pat. Pat. Pat. Pat" and getting faster and faster until I said "Blast Off!" Jack then immediately got up and picked up his little Einstein figurines. I said "That's right Jack! That's what the Little Einsteins say! But where is Rocket?" and he got up, ran into the living room, and brought Rocket back in. I was seriously blown away. It's not like we watch Little Einsteins on a regular basis (we don't even have cable) and he just got the toy two days ago.

(Sidenote: I love having this blog because I can write and brag about things like this and not feel like people think I'm stupid for thinking my kid is the smartest kid in the world, which I'm sure every parent thinks about their kid)

No comments:

Post a Comment