Thursday, July 15, 2010

Disney Fun

My mother and sister will be happy to hear of this news. I forgot to mention in my previous post that Jack's new favorite movie to watch is the Disneyland Sing-Along DVD that we got for free from Disney Rewards. He wanted to watch it 3 times yesterday. He even turned down watching Toy Story!
His favorite songs to dance to are "Rumbly in my Tumbly" with Winnie the Pooh (our favorite, too!) and "Making Memories."
However, he does not like "Grim Grinning Ghosts" and makes me skip that song when it comes on. I find it fascinating that he understands it's supposed to be "scary" (even though it's really not) and doesn't like it. They show the ghosts that are inside the Haunted Mansion and the characters that dance in it are the Wicked Witches from Snow White and Sleeping Beauty, along with Captain Hook and Donald wearing a sheet to look like a ghost. But Jack has never seen any of these movies nor does he understand what a ghost is, so it amazes me that in-spite of this, he knows that these things are scary. It's just cool how much of that kind of knowing we are just born with.

2 comments:

  1. That is so cute! When my niece learned scary, she would say "scary" with a quiver to her voice and a fake little shiver. It was so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been able to read this because I was out at the cabins with my LA gals, but I LOVE that Jack likes the sing-alongs! He may be a Martin, but he's got some awesome Borden Sisters in him! : )

    ReplyDelete