Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Where Does the Time Go? (I'm pretty sure this has been the title to posts in the past)

It's amazing how many times I think during the week, "I need to blog about this," and then I get distracted by thoughts of choir, or football, or the loud crash I hear in Jack's room, and think "I'll get it it later." And later becomes the week of Christmas.

Jack has been really into letters lately. Whenever we are driving down the road he is shouting from the back seat "O!" "T!" "B!" as he points to the signs we pass by. The other night we caught Jack "reading" Josh's book.


He was making up words and he followed along with his finger.

Speaking of words it still amazes me when he says a word and I'm like "You didn't know that yesterday!" For example, tonight we were coloring Christmas cards and I asked if he wanted the red crayon and he said, "No. Yellow." Clear as day said yellow when that is a word he's never been able to master.

Jack has also developed a love for trains. We hear trains passing by several times a day and when they blow the whistle, his eyes widen and he shouts, "Mama! CHOO-CHOO!" Prior to this he called trains and trucks "buses." Now he's calling trucks "trains."

Jack is really into the "Christmas spirit" this year as he understands a little more what it is. He was such a good helper when we decorated the tree, although he did have a tendency to put all of the ornaments in one spot.

Our tree is rather small and pathetic now that we have such a large place with cathedral ceilings.

Jack has done a great job of understanding that he can't open his presents till Christmas. When I first put them under the tree he went straight for them and tried to open them, but I only had to explain the process to him once and he understood. For the first week he was still so excited by them that in the morning the first thing he'd do is run to the tree and line up each of the presents and look at them.


I made Jack an advent calendar with each day having a special thing we'd do that day. 




Jack really enjoys opening each card each day so I'm really glad that I took the time to do it. It sort of "spreads out" the Christmas season so it's not just one day of excitement and then it's done.

One of the days, the card read "Let's have a Christmas dance party tonight!" We put on Christmas music and spent the evening dancing like crazy in the living room.


I know I look a little goofy in this picture but I think it shows how much fun we had :)

Other cute Christmas things Jack does:
Calls Christmas Trees "Patrick" because of the star on top (for those who don't know, Patrick is the name of the starfish on Spongebob)
Says "Ooh! Ahh!" when we pass houses with Christmas lights.
Shouts "Ho! Ho! Ho!" whenever he hears sleigh bells on TV or in a song.

The past few days have been filled with family and friends. We've done more entertaining than I've ever done in my life! It was such a nice, warm, feeling to have so many people we love in our lives all in one weekend! Plus, to be honest, it was just nice to feel like we have friends. Lol. I apparently thought I was 21 again and went out til nearly 2am on both Friday and Saturday nights! And it's always so nice when Jack gets to see his bestie, Cara!

These pictures are from our last visit to Mt. Pleasant.

 Cara says Cheese!

Jack says cheese!

This weekend my mom came to visit to see my choir and see Jack in his Christmas pageant. But that deserves it's own post and pictures so I'll comment on that more, later.

For now I'll end with this: The reason I'm able to have time to write this is because my poor little baby is super sick and still sleeping. He threw up 7 times over the course of the night. He is such a brave little boy, though, and didn't cry once. Everyone please keep him in your thoughts and prayers as we hope for a speedy recovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment