Monday, October 18, 2010

Our New House

I've received requests for photos of our new home so here are some!


I Love Love LOVE the kitchen and it's a big reason why we took the place!





Our "office" type area. Can you guess which desk is mine and which is Josh's? :)



Living room - We love how open the floor plan is.


Notice the old windows used as a room divider? It's one of my favorite parts. Compliments of my grandma!

Jack's room! It's very large and bright. And we love the hardwood floors. Sorry. No pics of our room yet. It's still the one room that isn't quite done.

It's great that it's sort of divided into a sleep area and a play area.


On a Jack note, he is getting more hilarious every day. Every day he learns a new word. Literally. Today it is "hide." He loves that there are so many new places for him to "hide" here. Today we were crawling around the apartment "sneaking" around and all of a sudden he stopped, put his finger to his mouth and started taping it and said, "Hmmm..." as he looked around for a new place to hide. It was so funny! Another word he recently learned is "stuck" and now he'll purposely wedge things into tight places, such as the remote under the couch, so he can come to me and say "Stuck!"
He is also growing like a weed. I swear one morning he woke up and none of his pants were long enough. I had to buy a whole bunch yesterday so he could stop looking like he was preparing for a flood.


We are still trying to figure out why Jack keeps waking up in the middle of the night several times. He'll get out of bed, creep into our room and stand at the foot of our bed and sort of let out these sobs until one of us wakes up and carries him back to bed and lays him back down. He'll fall right back asleep again, but 2 hours later he does the same thing. Last night, after the third time, he finally crept into our room and this time didn't make a sound, just climbed up into our bed and curled up at the foot of my bed like a little dog. I didn't even notice til Josh woke me up and pointed it out to me.

3 comments:

  1. I love your place! Don't you just love all the new words. Every once in a while Ian comes up with something that makes me step back and wonder where he comes up with these things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great House Congrats!! Looks awesome interior design wise of course....FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jack is adorable! And I love the new place! We must come visit sometime!- Jillian

    ReplyDelete